Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Midnight Cowgirl: An Alien She Was




I think what you have to do in life is to strike a happy balance. That's something Tim Leary told me, and he stuck to it; he was all about Balance and Harmony. That's what that song was about. I like to get in danger, because I kind of always figure that I can get out of danger — and there's nothing better than the feeling of getting out of danger. But the only way of getting that feeling is to get in danger! This world today is all about that. 

Perry Farrell



The Way of Mastery is to break all the rules—but you have to know them perfectly before you can do this; otherwise you are not in a position to transcend them.

Aleister Crowley

When someone comes up and says something like, 'I am a god,' everybody says, 'Who does he think he is?'  I just told you who I thought I was!  A god!  I just told you.  That's who I think I am.  Would it have been better if I had a song that said, 'I am a nigger'?  Or if I had a song that said, 'I am a gangster'?  Or if I had a song that said, 'I am a pimp'?  All those colors and patinas fit better on a person like me, right? 

Kanye West




 If it's free, then I ain't stealin'.  

 Ratso Rizzo 

 



Nothing's Shocking


1.  Build a playlist with Ritual de lo Habitual by Jane's Addiction,
followed by Yeezus by Kanye West.
2.  Push play at 00:00:58 of the film Spring Breakers by Harmony Korine.





More experience.  More images.  More sounds.  More direction.  I don’t really care about what’s real.  When people ask me about message and meaning, I understand why.  I’m asked those questions, and I generally try to get away from answering them because you make the work in a way that you want them to exist on their own.  There is a margin that’s undefined, and you want them to be inexplicable and have a magic about them. 

The mantra they say is “Spring Break Forever”.  It’s a state of mind, of existence.  Transcendence.


Harmony Korine




I slept with Faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with Doubt and found her a virgin in the morning. 

 

 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...